Monday, July 28, 2014

Jazz like Dat

All photos from this shoot are self portraits taken by myself.

I've really been in love with the 60s/70s style kimonos that have been going around lately.  It's so easy to just throw one over a tank top and jeans and feel put together.  I got this kimono from Choies.com and paired it with this dress that I made a couple of years ago.



 
Outfit:  
Dress:  DIY Esther from the Sticks (for sale here)  
Kimono:  Choies.com
Necklace:  My mom's

I thought that you might enjoy the photo below.  On the left is the first self portrait I ever took in front of my garage in 2009.  On the right is my most recent self portrait taken in front of the same garage.  My kung foo ability has drastically declined since the 8th grade.

Also I wanted to give a shout out to all of the awesome kaftans that y'all have been making!  It makes me excited that so many different people have already tried out the kaftan tutorial!  

 Jen of iCandy-Handmade  made two beautiful versions!

Also, check out Morgan of Thread Theory who used such a lovely fabric!
  I'm currently sewing a series of swimsuits.  I can't wait to share them soon!

8 comments:

  1. awesome!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your selfportraits from 2009. simply stunning :) you have great ideas. I love your dress, you did it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos came out so amazing! And I love your 2009 portrait too :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos. You've really piqued my curiosity with the swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. I do mean to make a kaftan at some point. the print on yours is rather stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fashion photography (and modeling skills) have become stellar! I can't wait to see your swimsuits. The two you posted long ago are still some of my favorites that I've ever seen (the blue with the white trim and the yellow cotton).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these self-portraits! They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete